ALL-INCLUSIVE DOULA CARE
Giving birth isn’t a one-size fits all experience.
Every woman has a unique body, set of values and birth preferences. Birth is a journey, unique to every birthing person and baby. Each step along the journey should be informed. Doula support will help you to navigate the journey, and balance your expectations, with the reality of birth.
Be prepared for all that birth brings with a Doula that has attended over 130 births of every shape and size.
All-inclusive care supports all types of birth.
Whether you are planning a birth at home, hospital or birth centre, with a doctor or midwife, with medication or not, a vaginal or planned cesarean birth, your special birth will benefit from the support of an experienced Doula.
Heather Hila has direct experience with the following births:
- Hospital Birth
- Planned Home Birth
- Birth Centre
- Planned out of hospital birth, with necessary transfer to hospital
- Cesarean Birth
- Vaginal Birth
- VBAC (Vaginal Birth after cesarean)
- Birth after IVF, fertility issues or baby loss
- Medical Complications for mother (Diabetes, high blood pressure, ect)
- Medical complications for baby (downs syndrome, cleft pallet, placental issues, breathing concerns at birth requiring NICU support)
- Experience working with a variety of medical caregivers, including Midwives, General Practitioners and Obstetiricians
- Multiples (twins)
- Single parents
- Culturally diverse families
- Parents experiencing perinatal mood disorders (depression or anxiety).
- Mental health concerns (depression, anxiety, mood disorders, eating disorders)
- Certified Doula with DONA International. Training was completed in February 2011
- Certified Holistic Doula with The Matrona Institute, March 2018
- Lamaze Trained Childbirth Educator, Douglas College, 2013
- Lactation Educator (LE), trained with CAPPA June 2018
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree, 1999 & RSW (registered social worker)
- Photography Trainings: Canadian Photography Learning Centre approximately 70 hours of training since 2015 at various workshops
- Member of the Doula Association of Edmonton
- Member of the Canadian Birth Photographers
- Spinning Babies Workshop 2015
- Acupressure for Labour and Birth
- Rebozo Workshop 2015
- Peanut Ball Workshop 2018
- Experience with Baby Wearing techniques
- Breastfeeding Essentials 2013
- Protecting the Pelvic Floor and Pelvis during Pregnancy and Delivery 2014
Tools For Added Support
In addition to her expereince and education, Heather Hill provides the following tools to support births as needed:
- Birth Ball
- Birth Ball covers for purchase
- Peanut Ball
- Acupressure tools
- Essential oils
- TENS machine
- Birth pool
BIRTH BALL COVER & TOTE BAG
Among many challenges faced in a doula career, one of the most practical is how to carry your birth ball (common exercise ball) to prenatal appointments and a birth.
Or maybe you would like it to look pretty, or stay clean while it is bouncing around your home!
As a solution I have created a tote bag for an exercise ball. It has a draw string at one end to hold your ball securely, while the other end has a handle so you can easily drape it over your shoulder. It is made of washable fabric, so you can either use it solely as a tote or as a cover while your ball is in use. It is super stretchy spandex material that can stretch over any size ball.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order. Colours will vary, and samples are available upon request. See my Etsy store MadebyHeatherHill for current color choices, or to place an order through Etsy.
BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY
Meet with Heather over a tea or coffee to learn how she can assist you in your birth journey.